Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Great Time for Worship Music

I can't remember a time when I have been more excited about the state of worship music.  Some may argue that the convenience of iTunes and the accessibility of getting music into digital stores has muddied up the musical landscape and in some cases this might be true.  I would argue however, that for the worship genre, it has opened up an incredible opportunity for us to discover fresh, honest, biblical, and Spirit filled worship music from artists and churches who would NEVER get the exposure on a Christian radio station.  While, and I know most of my peers would I agree with me,  CCM is in a rapid nosedive (and has been for years), I feel that the creativity, ingenuity, and crafting of this new wave of worship music is wonderfully refreshing.  Here are a few examples of some artists you might not have heard of but are releasing works that will stir your heart with affection for our glorious God.


Joshua Seller- My King is Coming
A fellow Harvest Worship Leader, Josh has put together an incredible album of songs that will drive you to the throne and drop you off with hands held high and a heart full of adoration and praise.  An amazing work from a great worship leader.  


One Sonic Society- Sonic
The second EP from Jason Ingram, Stu Garrard, and Paul Mabury hits hard just as their first EP 'One' did.  Between brilliantly crafted songwriting, and a fresh innovative sound these guys have created something unique and beautiful.  


Page CXVI- Hymns I & Hymns II
If you love re-imagined hymns, check these guys out.  Without a doubt the most original interpretations of beloved melodies.  Really good stuff.  


Kristian Stanfill- Day After Day EP
Kristian does it again in this preview to his upcoming 2011 release.  Some of the best congregational songs I have heard in a very long time.  


Table 19 (feat David Dunn)- Old Rugged Cross
A friend of mine and fellow Midlander, David has put together some refreshingly original expressions of worship.  I also want to steal his voice.  


Charlie Hall- The Rising
Robust lyrics, innovative synths and beats.  Charlie continues to lead us into deeper places of worship. Great stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment