Friday, December 17, 2010

10 & 20 in 2010.

Greetings to all during this Christmas Season.  It's the time of year that I like to look back and acknowledge the music that has moved me, grooved me, and led me to the Throne room of God in worship.  So without further adieu I present to you my top 10 Worship Albums (Live and Studio) of the year.  These albums (among the hundreds that are put out each year) drove me to amazing places of adoration and praise of our great God.  These are ranked in order from my favorite to my least favorite (an amazingly slim margin I assure you), and give credit to songwriting, style and overall quality. 

I also thought it would be fun to transparently provide (outside of the worship albums mentioned) my top 20 "most listened to" albums from 2010, according to my play counts in iTunes.  This should give you a picture of how eclectic my taste is in music, and honestly be a little embarrassing for me.  But that's just good fun right? .....  right?  Alright here we go:


Top 10 Worship Albums of 2010

1. One- One Sonic Society
2. Name Above All Names- ALM:UK
3. God Be Praised- Gateway Worship
4. Awakening- Passion
5. Love Came Down- Brian Johnson
6. Miracle- Robbie Seay Band
7. Eternity Invades- Vicky Beeching
8. Kingdom Come- Elevation Worship
9.Yahweh- Hillsong
10. My King is Coming- Joshua Seller


Top 20 'Most Listened To' of 2010
 (in no particular order, but all in top 20 plays)

1.  Go- Jonsi
2. Come Around Sundown- Kings of Leon
3. Flags- Brooke Fraser
4. Kaleidoscope Heart- Sara Bareilles
5. Now is the Winter- Jason Poe
6. Speak Now- Taylor Swift
7. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy- Kanye West
8. Let it Burn- Matt McCloskey
9. Recovery- Eminem
10. Poison and Wine- The Civil Wars
11. Hands All Over- Maroon 5
12. Flamingo- Brandon Flowers
13. Counting Stars- Andrew Peterson
14. The Medicine- John Mark McMillan
15. Shout it Out- Hanson
16. Stone Temple Pilots- Stone Temple Pilots
17. God Willin' and the Creek Point Rise- Ray LaMontagne
18. Broken Bells- Broken Bells
19. Need You Now- Lady Antebellum
20. Adoration- Brenton Brown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment