Saturday, December 12, 2009

The beginning of the end

well, it's here....again. Heisman Saturday. This day is always bittersweet, for one it marks the beginning of The Christmas Season, which is hands down my favorite of the year. Mostly because it is completely carb-packed incredible-ness.

I know what most will say to that, "how is that different from the rest of the year?" WELL, nay-sayers, most years....nothing. But in 2009 a couple of things changed in my life. One of those... I was introduced to P90X's Tony Horton. This middle-aged, flamboyant, ball of energy (and muscle) has an unbelievable knack for getting you to do things in your living room that you never thought you would do (Plyometrics anyone?), and he also has the uncanny ability for motivating you to work harder than you have ever worked to see the change you want to see. This isn't a plug for p90x I promise. Along with "X' ing" my daily carb party (or at least placing me into a ridiculous guilt trip anytime I had an extra donut), thanks to Horton and his minions, I was able ( I really don't know how) to shed 30 lbs this year! Soooo, after chasing that rabbit, let's just say, yes I am excited about the carb-fest that will go down when I am home for 5 days later this month!

Anyways, back to my original reason for this post, the other reason this day is bittersweet is that it marks the beginning of the end of football season. At the end of this month, there are only a handful of College Bowl games on the table (and the NFL playoffs which I love!) but after that it begins the long trek back towards next August, when the lights of the NFL flip back on and the world is right once again.

However, this season (NFL aside) I am relatively indifferent towards the end of the College Football season and even (scary to say) yawning at the coming Bowl Season. For a season that began with such lofty aspirations (Tebow, Bradford, and McCoy all coming back), and the potential to be one of the most exciting regular football seasons ever, (which in light of the last few years is astounding), this year was actually kind of a snoozer. Other than watching Notre Dame seemingly come back every week to win, (or at least make it interesting) in the 4th quarter, it's hard to pick out a saturday where the games lived up to their billing. Even my Horns, who won every game for crying out loud, probably had one of the most lack-luster runs to the National Championship (discarding the Nebraska game), I've seen in a long time. All in all I'm not really all that sad to see this season go by the way-side. I'm honestly just praying that Mac, Davis, and Muschamp can get us up to face a disgusting Bama team. (who embarrassed Florida, not some Big Ten joke, but FLORIDA!!). Hopefully, next year, my faith will be restored in the wonder that usually is College Football. Now, NFL, I heart you, you never cease to exceed my expectations.

2 comments:

  1. You needed to watch more Iowa Hawkeye games... they left you fulfilled and satisfied... And Big 10 is a more serious conference than the week Big 12, Big 12 has Texas, and oklahoma, wait they sucked, well they have Nebraska, wait they lost to IOWA STATE, oh and they have... nope that's all

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about the misspelled "weak"

    ReplyDelete