Saturday, December 5, 2009

Just a few things on a cold Saturday


I'm sitting here on a snowy Saturday (really strange for Gulf Coast Texas), and felt the blogger itch so I thought I would scratch it. This blog is random, so buckle your seat belt.

First off, over the past couple of weeks, I have seen one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. If you haven't already, go see "The Blind Side". Even if you're not a football fan, this movie has an outstanding message and the cast of this movie is undeniably solid. Best movie of Sandra Bullocks career, bar none.

Secondly, I'm welcoming a new member to the fam this week. He's a 4 month old English Bulldog, and his name.... wait for it.... Grubby. I know, I know it's the perfect bulldog name. He's by far one of the funniest dogs I've ever seen and he's lovable to boot. There's a pic of us at the top :)

Thirdly, I just wanted to take a second and challenge us to take a second and praise our God. Take some time today and this busy Christmas season to remember the miracle of His birth, and the miracle of His death and rising. It is only b/c of Christ that we have hope, joy, and peace and not to mention freedom from death!! So as you're out running around over the next month, take some time to really get alone with God and thank Him for all that He is and all that He has done. As you're swiping your card to purchase a gift, think of the transaction that Christ made for you on the cross and praise Him for it! He is so worthy of everything we can give and everything we are. Let's worship Him this Christmas and make Him the reason we celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment